Monday, August 23, 2010

Making Icing...a little trick

So, when making Royal Icing, or Buttercream frosting, it always says to "sift" the powdered sugar. Maybe it's just my sifter, but man, that's a lot of work. Especially if you double the recipe so you are doing 8 cups of powdered sugar. Ridiculous. But necessary for the right consistency.

Well, I have recently learned a new trick. Maybe many of you already know it. But for me, it was great to learn. I learned it from a friend, who learned it from a friend.

Whisking. You whisk the powdered sugar instead of sifting it. It produces the same result...isn't that crazy? And it saves my wrist and my time.

What other tricks of the trade do you know???

2 comments:

  1. I knew that trick...sorry to not share sooner. It does work amazing though doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the one I got it from Kat!!!

    ReplyDelete